Runners’ Talk || Talking to yourself?

The link between self-talk and self-doubt

When it comes to our abilities and talents, the occasional bout of self-doubt is common.

However, if you find that you’re constantly questioning whether you’re good or capable enough, the negativity bias suggests there’s a tendency to fixate more on what you did “wrong” than what you did right.

Think of a time when you accomplished a partially great run, but you focused more on that one thing you could have done better. Despite that 80% of your efforts went over really well, you dwell and ruminate on the other 20% that could have improved.

When you’re hyper-critical of that 20% you will become a self sabotage, because questioning your abilities, then your negative self-talk has manifested into self-doubt.

A consequence of self-doubt, can be the “imposter phenomenon” (or syndrome), a self-deprecating mindset that occurs when we don’t acknowledge our achievements. We relinquish any successes we may have earned because we don’t believe in ourselves and our abilities.noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.” Practice training your thoughts towards what is listed above and you will find yourself becoming a stronger, more confident not only runner hey even a child of God.

SHOWNOTES

What does this mean for our running? Find out more, give it a listen. It will grow on you….

https://www.fiverr.com/share/AdwGgq

Home

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuoAaTiD4Dc2tMl5r3P09-g?view_as=subscriber

https://www.instagram.com/advanced_endure

Leave a Reply