How many runners do you think completed a marathon in 2018? 2018 global marathon statistics
- Finishers: 1,298,725
- Average finish time: 4:29:53
- Fastest countries: Switzerland (3:50h), the Netherlands (3:52h) & Spain (3:52h)
- Slowest countries: the Philippines (5:25h), India (5:05h) & Mexico (4:53h)
- 31.92% female participation (68.08% male)
- Most participants: USA(456,700), UK (97,254) & Germany (86,032).A DNF in running meansDID NOT FINISH. Meaning the runner wasn’t able tofinishthe race. … Adid not finishin runningcanhappen in every race from a 5K to a fullmarathon. The highest percentage of runnersnot finishinga raceisduring a fullmarathonthough.
In any given year, anywhere between 65percentand 80percent of runners getlaid up with aninjury. Poor footwear, inadequate core strength and overpronation are often to blame, but the most common culprit is overtraining…. so rather focus on enjoying the process.
Do click on the link below find out more about me www.heikostribl.com and for more running related content do check out https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuoAaTiD4Dc2tMl5r3P09-g and take a free course on becoming a better runner… www.hypnorun.com
A rating, a like, a share will be greatly appreciated, and will help other runners’ that are looking for such advice find this show. So please do share.